HOW you say what you have to say can be just as important as what you have to say.
Staying in touch with subscribers to your email list is critical to monetizing your efforts. Here are some very important tips to structuring your emails that will not only keep your audience engaged, but will also lead to more sales.
First, you have to keep in mind that your list may be the most important marketing tool you possess. After all, these are people who’ve already shown an interest in working with you, by subscribing to your list. Because they’re already engaged, these folks are HOT PROSPECTS for your services, so you want to make sure you stay in touch with them regularly, and that you’re offering them real value!
Create Emails that Convert
These days, the more active you are online the more likely you are to wake up every morning to an Inbox full of spam; “special offers” for things you never asked for and things you would never want. To avoid being dumped into the junk folder of people on your list, you need to create emails that OFFER VALUE, as well as try to convert to a sale. Here’s how:
- Weekly communication is key – to keeping your list loyal and engaged. Without fail – I send an email to my subscribers every Tuesday. No excuses, beyond a major life emergency.
- Offer real value – ‘else what’s the point of being on your list? These are people who are engaged, loyal, and interested – the kind of audience we all seek – and, simply by subscribing to your list, they’ve told you they want your information and to build a relationship with you. You CANNOT afford to take their commitment to you lightly. Offering regular value is the best way to nurture that relationship.
How to Structure your Weekly Email Content
Here is my format for writing emails that convert to sales:
- Value-added personal introduction – What is high-value content? Special tips, how-to, training and insight into your niche. These are all great ways to offer value and you can do it by sending them to your blog or video to get the info – and – it’s FREE! (Example) (Example)
- Promotion area – Promote an affiliate you endorse, a new product or service you’re offering, an eBook you’ve recently published – or anything else you can monetize!
- Testimonial – Let your audience know that others have found value in working with you – and build your credibility! Never stop building your credibility.
- Short bio – A quick ‘About Me’ section is always helpful, just to remind them that you’re an expert in your niche, and that you have the knowledge and experience to help them reach their goals! Take the time to craft a compelling bio that really focuses on your talents – and your ability to help them. (Need help with that? We can help with this!)
- Call-to-Action – A simple Call-to-Action should be included with every email you send to your list. Whether you ask them to buy or sing up for a freebie, ALWAYS ask them to take action on something that has value to them – and to you!
Make sure you include a link, or links, to your website (or website), so they can stay in touch and receive MORE high-value information from you every week.
Finally, it never hurts to add a PS message after your signature, where you can again make another free offer or a Special Deal.
For a more detailed explanation of how to write emails that convert, you should check out my Q&A video: How Much Free Content Should You Give Before Asking for the Sale? Or, if you’d like to talk about getting my help putting together an email strategy that converts to sales, please get in touch with me today and apply for that 30-minute free strategy session.
A ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME EXPERIENCE
AuthorUpLive event shows you how to LAUNCH your book with the HIGHEST degree of success.