We’ve compiled 10 tips for using social media to grow your brand in 2022. You can use most these tips across all of your platforms and to help build your overall social media strategy.
UNIVERSAL SOCIAL MEDIA TIPS
1. REMEMBER THAT QUALITY OVER QUANTITY WILL ALWAYS RULE THE GAME.
Putting 3 pieces of great content out per week will be more impactful than 6 pieces of ‘okay’ content. Make your content stand out amongst all the noise.
2. ENGAGEMENT IS KEY.
Set aside 5-10 min per day to hop on your social channels and engage with your audience. Like their posts, reshare posts that speak to you, and make it a point to comment other posts.
3. YOU DON’T HAVE TO REINVENT THE WHEEL.
Comb through your website and pull content like ‘about me’ phrases, key branded quotes, and recent blog posts. Drop them all into a Content Collection Doc to access at any time. Remember, you can repurpose content across your platforms.
4. CREATE GRAPHICS TO USE ACROSS YOUR PLATFORMS.
Find a template in Canva that you like and update it with your brand colors and fonts. Pull quotes from your content doc and batch work these. Try a few different color arrangements to see what you like better and keep things interesting.
5. FOR VIDEOS, 30-60 SECOND CLIPS ARE GREAT FOR QUICK INFORMATION WHILE LONGER 3-5 MIN VIDEOS WILL LET YOU GO MORE IN DEPTH ON YOUR CHOSEN TOPIC.
Consider recording a few videos about teaching points from your niche. It is a great way to add value without selling and help your audience get to know you a little better. Depending on how long it is, you can post either directly to your IG feed or on IGTV. Any length video will be appropriate for the other platforms.
6. ALWAYS ADD A CALL-TO-ACTION.
Ask people to share, answer a question, or click on your profile. Tell your audience what you want them to do an how they can support your brand.
7. TESTIMONIALS ARE IMPORTANT.
If you can get videos from people, then that is ideal. Whether written or video, take your testimonials into another Canva template that you like (different from your Quote ones, but still on-brand) and add the best quotes to present them in a new way. Check out Fast Track #106 and Fast Track #85.
8. CREATE A METRICS TRACKER.
Keep an eye on total followers, likes, and video views. It will be a great way to see what posts are working and what content/time of day/platform works best for your audience.
9. DO SOME DIGGING TO FIND RELEVANT HASHTAGS.
Copy and paste them on your computer or phone so you don’t have to search every time (or find a section in your Content Doc). Having 20-25 is a great starting point. Pull at least 5-10 that are relevant for each post, but be sure to mix and match them. Engage with others who have used the same tag.
10. UTILIZE STORIES BY POSTING IN-THE-MOMENT CONTENT.
This can be a photo of your coffee that helps you start your day, your to-do list process, how you get over creative blocks, or how you prepare for a meeting with your team. Once you have a good bank of stories, create a relevant highlights so people can easily find relevant content again. If you find your video stories are getting good engagement, consider repurposing them into a video for other platforms too.
Additional Social Media Resources
Continuing to help you grow your online influence.
FAST TRACK VIDEOS
- A SIMPLE TRICK TO INCREASE ENGAGEMENT ON SOCIAL MEDIA | FAST TRACK EP #104
- 3 THINGS YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON WITH ONLINE MARKETING | FAST TRACK EP #105
- A SOCIAL MEDIA PROCESS TO GROW, BUILD, AND SAVE TIME | FAST TRACK EP #84
- REPURPOSE YOUR CONTENT FOR GREATER IMPACT | FAST TRACK EP #94
TRAININGS FROM AMBERV
- LAUNCH AND LEVERAGE YOUR BOOK FOR LONG-TERM SALES SUCCESS
- ATTRACT QUALIFIED BUYERS AND GROW YOUR FOLLOWING
- CONVERT QUALIFIED BUYERS WITH YOUR WEBSITE
To learn more about what we do at NGNG Enterprises, take a tour of the homepage.