I’ve been putting some thought into how I can best show up for you and offer you tons of value in these posts.
I was thinking back on times in my business when I needed a little extra cash. I felt overwhelmed trying to figure out what to do and how to pull it off. Hey, I’m human!
Wanna know something that worked REALLY well for me? It may surprise you because it’s not an “online” idea.
I ventured offline to boost my income!
What worked really well for me was running an in-person, local meetup group or half-day workshop.
Meetup groups are awesome because most everyone feels alone and wants to connect with other like-minded individuals. The meetup could be focused on networking with a little training, or you could facilitate a full-blown mastermind group (which is awesome for so many reasons).
Workshops are awesome, too, because you know your topic well, you like to help others and this can bring some immediate income your way.
The solution is NOT always online. Shocking, right?
You may like this idea, but are skeptical about how to drive attendance to these events.
Here are some of my best ideas to get sales and drive attendance (the things that worked for me every time I ventured offline):
- Focus on social media (Facebook/LinkedIn groups, Twitter Chats and targeted Facebook ads that can quickly fill a room).
- Offer free attendance for a friend.
- Sell bulk tickets through associations, masterminds or local meetup groups.
- Keep a strong focus on follow-up and networking locally.
- Leverage customers to fuel word of mouth (after people buy, there should be a campaign already in place meant to get them to tell the people they know all about it).
- Consider an ambassador or affiliate program.
- Offer early bird pricing – this always works!
- Offer incentive for returning attendees (you can also pre-sell your next event while at your current event!).
- Get local businesses and corporations to sponsor the event (they pay you) and drive people to the event.
This is an EASY strategy you could implement today.
- Pick a topic for your workshop or meetup.
- Pick a date (at least 2 weeks out so you have enough time to promote).
- Pick a location (many locations will give you free space in exchange for a little promo at the event).
- Start telling others about it!
That’s how easy it is! I’ve done this multiple times, and you can too. Even if you don’t need the extra cash, it’s a great way to meet more people, get out of your online lonely cave and to do something meaningful in your local area.
What do you think? Can you see yourself trying something like this? Have you done this already? Comment below and tell us about it!
If you thought these tips were helpful, please help me share it on your favorite social network by using the share buttons below! Thank you for your support!