“The more prospects you talk to, the more sales you expose yourself to, the more orders you will get.” David Ogilvy said that and he was right… it IS a numbers game.
But do you play the numbers game or think there is some other magical strategy everyone else knows but you?
If you want IMMEDIATE clients and customers there is one surefire way to make it happen…
…and that is to reach out to the people you want to work with and introduce yourself. Get the conversation rolling!
About 2 weeks ago, I was doing some market research for a new custom-design website client. I came across a coach’s website and this coach looked like an awesome person. I poked around her website and online platform and got this feeling that we could do some great work together.
So what did I do? I reached out and told her what I did, how I could help, and invited her to a 30-min call to get to know each other. Within a week, she became a new client and I am SO excited to work with her. I really believe in this partnership. It all started with me getting the conversation rolling.
Here are 5 ways you can find your prospects NOW:
- Facebook and LinkedIn Groups
- A standard Google search
- Ask your past clients who else they know that you could help
- Send individual emails to the people on your email list
- Get interviewed on podcasts and telesummits
What do you do once you see a prospect?
- Contact that person (via email, the contact form on their website, Facebook message, phone, Skype, Google hangout, etc.)
- Tell them how you found their name and why you reached out
- Tell them more about who you are and what you do
- Invite them to a call to connect and get to know each other
Other critical tips:
- Be conversational!!!
- Don’t sell right off the bat, build the relationship first.
- Don’t paste in your bio – come up with something more personal, creative, and friendly to share about yourself.
- Don’t cram everything into the message you could say. Try to just give the highlights.
- HELP that person in some way. Give them free advice right there in the first email so they see you’re not like everyone else – you’re not all about the sale, you care.
I don’t send these emails out to gobs of people. I do it sparingly when I really see someone I want to work with, that I really feel I could help.
How I Can Support You
You are trying to get your ideas and messages out to the online world. And the competition is FIERCE.
Your prospects are making snap judgments. What do you need to stay on top of the competition? A great website, social media engagement, a sales funnel, and content that connects with your followers on a personal level.
I study online trends, and test marketing ideas all day long so you don’t have to. Here are a handful of ways my team and I can support you to get where you want to go:
- Coaching – A 1:1 coaching call with me can go a long way in creating an action plan you may be needing to keep your business on track and to help answer questions that are on your mind day-to-day.
- Review/audit – If you have an eBook, email announcement, product launch, sales page – anything that you’re putting out into the world and wondering if it’s any good, we can help by doing a thorough review and offering specific changes to improve your results.
- Social Media – If your profile pages on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+ don’t have a customized profile image that matches your website then you could be missing a big opportunity – we can help design these graphics, and we can even post on your social media accounts on your behalf!
- SEO – We can add keywords to your website to help you rank higher in Google and even help with in-depth keyword research which would offer you a specific content plan geared toward increasing your following.
- Copywriting – We can edit your content, review your content and offer suggestions to increase your conversion rates, and even write content for you (blogging, sales letters, landing pages, eBooks, video scripts).
- Website work – If you are tired of your website look or need any higher-level changes you can’t manage on your own, we’d be happy to help. There is no request big or small we can’t support you with.
- Website security – If you have updates waiting to be made on your website, let us make a backup of your site, upgrade WordPress and plugins, and review your settings to make sure your website is secure from hackers.
Click Here to contact me and request a copy of my no-obligation complete service menu for details and pricing.
The reality is, the more prospects you talk to, the more orders you will get. So put yourself out there WAY MORE than you currently are, and you’ll get way more sales success.
I hope this adds value to your day and your business. If it did, make a comment below and let me know to keep sending more helpful ideas like this one. 🙂