Are you letting filler words get in the way of your message?
First things first, what is a filler word? Um…you know what….like….a filler word is (lol!!). They’re those little words (not even always actual words….) that we often use to fill uncomfortable pauses or silence. And most of the time, we’re not even aware that we’re using them.
Have you ever listened to someone speaking at an event, in the workplace, or even during a casual conversation, only to find yourself completely distracted by how many times they’re uttering, “ummm,” “so,” or “like”? It’s completely distracting and can make the speaker come across as unprofessional, insecure, or unprepared.
When that happens, you end up being so focused on those distracting filler words that you miss the important and valuable message they’re actually trying to convey.
If you’re into public speaking or thinking about creating videos of yourself to use for business purposes, this is something you’ll want to pay close attention to. You might be using fillers without knowing it.
Check out these really helpful tips that will make you aware of whether you have a habit to break. 🙂
Get ready to discover:
- If you’re using filler words
- How to ensure that people will focus on your message
- How to break the habit if you are using filler words
If you want to present yourself professionally and keep the focus on your message, then you should definitely set aside 4 minutes for this Fast Track video!
What did you think of this Fast Track Training?
- Subscribe to Amber’s YouTube channel to get notifications when new video tips are available!
- Leave a comment below and let me know what you struggle with and which tip makes a difference for you.
- Share this post with others so they can get the inside scoop on breaking the filler word habit. Simply click the social media sharing buttons below to impact some lives now!!
Have a topic you’d like me to share tips about? Click here and let me know – I’d love to hear from you!