You know that feeling when it seems like there is just too much to do? I think that I can safely guess that you do. Believe me, so do I.
So what do we do about it? My advice is short and sweet.
We have crazy, unrealistic expectations we put on ourselves to do more, and more, and more and more.
Maybe I can’t help with your expectations, but I CAN help you to simplify.
Step 1. Stay focused on the present moment. (No, this isn’t a woo woo message.)
- By staying focused, you start to really become aware of the tasks you’re doing more than twice. When I realize I’m doing something more than twice, I figure out a way to automate it.
- Example? If clients ask me the same question about how to manage a certain process, I make a video out of it then just share the video in the future instead of answering the same questions over and over. Time saver? You betcha!
Step 2. Stop the lie you’re telling yourself that you have to do it all.
- Instead of doing 7 marketing strategies … do 3. Let your business grow and evolve one phase at a time.
- When you try to do too much, nothing gets done well.
- Bottom line? We have to learn to stop overdoing it.
Step 3. Calm the entrepreneur chatter box inside you.
- Yes, you have a dozen new ideas every day. You’re blessed with that creative gene. But you don’t have to execute on all ideas (especially not all at once).
- Have an honest conversation with yourself on what you think will A) actually be successful, B) be fun to create and C) make you feel excited every day in your business. Then, do those tasks first.
- Like Step 2, if you have new ideas, talk to an expert (like me) to see how you can integrate them into your current platform (vs trying to start up new websites and blogs and social networks for each new idea — gross).
Step 4. Put it all on your website.
- Maybe one of the best things I ever did for myself was make a short video for each service page on my website.
- Want to know our process or options for websites? We have a video for that. Want to know our process or options for social media graphic design? We have a video for that. You get the idea.
- Prospects feel mega appreciative that you are so transparent, they get even more fired up about what you do and it actually leads to an increase in sales. Boom!
Take a cold hard look around your biz this week, and see what you can do to simplify.
Working smarter, not harder, is in everyone’s best interest.
Like these tips? Comment below and let me know what you do to keep it simple!