“Perfection is the Enemy of Progress!” Churchill said that and boy was he right!
I had a coaching call with a client last week. He had awesome ideas and all the potential in the world, but his business was just inching along.
His website was half-baked, he hadn’t gotten any paying customers yet, and he was stuck in the “questioning stage” of his new online adventure.
What was the problem?
He wasn’t “ready” because he still felt a need to perfectly identify his exact target market, his exact marketing message, his exact title, and his absolutely flawless coaching process.
The perfection myth is a rabbit hole if I’ve ever seen one. Truly.
There is NO SUCH THING as perfect. So there is no need to hold up the process from the very thing you need to do instead: Jump In With Both Feet.
I don’t overthink. I take action.
Open up to the opportunity that whatever you sit down to create can evolve over time. It doesn’t have to be ‘perfect’ or even complete to start monetizing or sharing.
- You could spend 3-6 months creating a “perfect” product only to find out that by the time you’re done, your audience has evolved past that need. In hindsight, you could have created an outline, then pre-sold the product, then developed it quickly.
- You could spend months thinking about what kind of coach you want to be and miss out on income to keep you going. In hindsight, you could have coached at a lower starting rate, done lots of coaching sessions for practice (while monetizing), and learned the kind of coach you want to be through that experience.
Today, I urge you to “jump in with both feet” in your business and make the conscious choice to ditch perfection and focus on making progress instead.
If you’re struggling and facing your Inner Critic who is weighing you down, then that’s when you need to admit you need help.
In January alone, I helped clients overcome their negative self-talk, manage their current team who were taking too long to get stuff done (so I stepped in to speed up the launch date), or even by creating the entire structure for their sales funnel or summit event so they could make their business grow more quickly.
….bottom line, I get stuff done.
So either let me inspire you to be the person that get’s stuff done too or let me help you get stuff done.
How I Can Support You
You are trying to get your ideas and messages out to the online world. And the competition is FIERCE.
Your prospects are making snap judgments. What do you need to stay on top of the competition? A great website, social media engagement, a sales funnel, and content that connects with your followers on a personal level.
I study online trends, and test marketing ideas all day long so you don’t have to. Here are a handful of ways my team and I can support you to get where you want to go:
- Coaching – A 1:1 coaching call with me can go a long way in creating an action plan you may be needing to keep your business on track and to help answer questions that are on your mind day-to-day.
- Review/audit – If you have an eBook, email announcement, product launch, sales page – anything that you’re putting out into the world and wondering if it’s any good, we can help by doing a thorough review and offering specific changes to improve your results.
- Social Media – If your profile pages on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+ don’t have a customized profile image that matches your website then you could be missing a big opportunity – we can help design these graphics, and we can even post on your social media accounts on your behalf!
- SEO – We can add keywords to your website to help you rank higher in Google and even help with in-depth keyword research which would offer you a specific content plan geared toward increasing your following.
- Copywriting – We can edit your content, review your content and offer suggestions to increase your conversion rates, or even write content for you (blogging, sales letters, landing pages, eBooks, video scripts).
- Website work – If you are tired of your website look or need any higher-level changes you can’t manage on your own, we’d be happy to help. There is no request big or small we can’t support you with.
- Website security – If you have updates waiting to be made on your website, let us make a backup of your site, upgrade WordPress and plugins, and review your settings to make sure your website is secure from hackers.
Click Here to contact me and request a copy of my no-obligation complete service menu for details and pricing.
I hope this adds value to your day and your business. If it did, make a comment below and let me know to keep sending more helpful ideas like this one. 🙂