Today, I have a very important reminder for you:
You don’t have to be all things, to all people, all the time.
Isn’t that incredibly zesty and refreshing?
Let me tell you why this came up for me this week…
I recently got a very interested prospect emailing me saying he wanted me to help him grow his wife’s multi-six-figure business into a multi-million dollar business.
Their website was great. Their topic was killer. But, the answer immediately came to me… I wasn’t a fit for what they would need out of me.
My passion is in working with entrepreneurs who are just starting, or even have an existing business, and helping them grow up to multi-six-figures. (More on that below)
After eight years in business and always listening to my gut instinct about things, I know that I don’t have to be a fit for everyone and I find that to be such a big relief.
This same ‘lesson’ applies to a variety of other scenarios though. If you have a client and the relationship has turned (maybe they don’t respect you or are way too demanding/needy)… this same lesson applies. I have let go of clients in the past and each time it was the right decision.
Also, you may recall my “Lesson in Handling Criticism” where someone actually called one of my emails “canned crap” and I was thrilled about it!
The point is, when you put yourself out there, you don’t have to do things you don’t want to do. You don’t have to break apart if someone criticizes you. You don’t have to make everyone happy.
Instead, you just have to:
- Stay true to you
- Follow your joy
- Trust your instincts
- Do things in your own time
- Suppress the expectations and pressure you put on yourself by looking at what others are doing
How I Can Support You
You are trying to get your ideas and messages out to the online world. And the competition is FIERCE.
Your prospects are making snap judgments. What do you need to stay on top of the competition? A great website, social media engagement, a sales funnel, and content that connects with your followers on a personal level.
I study online trends, and test marketing ideas all day long so you don’t have to. Here are a handful of ways my team and I can support you to get where you want to go:
- Coaching – A 1:1 coaching call with me can go a long way in creating an action plan you may be needing to keep your business on track and to help answer questions that are on your mind day-to-day.
- Review/audit – If you have an eBook, email announcement, product launch, sales page – anything that you’re putting out into the world and wondering if it’s any good, we can help by doing a thorough review and offering specific changes to improve your results.
- Social Media – If your profile pages on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+ don’t have a customized profile image that matches your website then you could be missing a big opportunity – we can help design these graphics, and we can even post on your social media accounts on your behalf!
- SEO – We can add keywords to your website to help you rank higher in Google and even help with in-depth keyword research which would offer you a specific content plan geared toward increasing your following.
- Copywriting – We can edit your content, review your content and offer suggestions to increase your conversion rates, and even write content for you (blogging, sales letters, landing pages, eBooks, video scripts).
- Website work – If you are tired of your website look or need any higher-level changes you can’t manage on your own, we’d be happy to help. There is no request big or small we can’t support you with.
- Website security – If you have updates waiting to be made on your website, let us make a backup of your site, upgrade WordPress and plugins, and review your settings to make sure your website is secure from hackers.
Click Here to contact me and request a copy of my no-obligation complete service menu for details and pricing.
I hope this adds value to your day and your business. If it did, make a comment below and let me know to keep sending more helpful ideas like this one. 🙂