I have pooled some resources for you to look at for copyright protection on your blog or website. This is something you would be considered crazy to “put off”. Fast forward, someone has copied your content and called it their own. How do you feel? What can you do?
It’s important that you protect your own website or blog with the appropriate copyright actions, but also, that you use and refer to others content without violating their copyright.
Below you will find links to valuable copyright tips, rules and resources. Take a good amount of time to look into this to ensure you are protected and not doing anything that could be cause for action from another.
1. Copyright Law: 12 Dos and Don’ts, by Daniel Scocco
2. 14 Copyright Tips For Bloggers, By Kimberlee Weatherall
3. The Content Producer’s Copyright Checklist, by Georgina Laidlaw, Problogger
Next, I encourage you to go to the government copyright website at www.copyright.gov where you can learn things like:
- What is a copyright and what does it protect?
- How is a copyright different than a Trademark?
- Why is it recommended to register your works at the copyright office?
- What is not protected?
- How much does it cost to copyright my website?
We spend so much time (mainly bloggers) building out our websites, sharing our ideas, giving away our education and training to benefit others and help stimulate the economy again. A priority should be to protect this information. You never know what could happen and you certainly don’t want to learn the hard way when you could have spent a half day and protected your online assets.
Food for thought. 🙂
Please SHARE this information with as many people as you can who are trying to build their business online. You could really help protect those you care about today – just by quickly sharing this post with others.