- Are you writing to stay current on your website or blog but feel flustered coming up with topics people will read?
- Do you find that your competitors are always talking about the latest and greatest, and you’re struggling to keep up?
- Is there a way to just get an industry snapshot everyday so that I can keep up and have plenty to write about?
Yes! It’s called Google Alerts and it’s free to use.
Google Alerts isn’t exactly a new concept, but it’s one that could be of great importance to you in the future. Every single day the Internet is exploding with new information, ideas, start-ups, training modules, video, membership sites, blogs, social networking tools… the list goes on and on. Wouldn’t it be nice to “follow” the latest updates for certain keywords that you choose?
Here’s how it works:
You sign up for as many keywords or keyword phrases as you want into the Google Alerts system. You can monitor blogs, videos, news, groups or web (only), OR select “comprehensive” and get updates on all of the above. You can get email notifications daily, weekly or as it happens. Then you hit “Create Alert” and bam! You get email notifications of the latest on the web for that keyword you selected.
Here’s a screenshot of what you’d receive: (click on the image to zoom)
Instructions to Set Up Google Alerts:
- Go to http://www.google.com/alerts
- Type in the keyword or keyword phrase you want to be updated about (ie. internet marketing, health care reform, credit, etc.)
- Select the type of news update you are notified about. If you select ‘video’ only updates with video on that keyword will be emailed to you. If you select ‘comprehensive’ you will be notified on all areas of the drop down list.
- Select the frequency of updates: daily, weekly, or as-it-happens
- Type in your email address and click “Create Alert”
- You will be taken to a dashboard of alerts. There you can manage all alerts or add new ones.
It’s that easy! Google Alerts is an easy way to stay up-to-date and make yourself known as a leader in your industry.
A ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME EXPERIENCE
AuthorUpLive event shows you how to LAUNCH your book with the HIGHEST degree of success.