Facebook allows us an 850px X 315px Timeline Cover (or header) that sits at the top of our Facebook pages. The new Facebook cover is a HUGE amount of space to promote you, your business and your services – don’t miss the opportunity to brand your Facebook Timeline Cover.
Total Facebook Branding
There are three ways to uniquely brand your Facebook page(s).
- One is with a Facebook Cover as discussed below.
- The second is with a Facebook Profile Banner Image which is a medium-sized vertical banner. This image is shown for iPad users. A thumbnail of the banner is also shown on the bottom left corner of your cover. I suggest clients get this designed either way as it can be used as a bookmark for events, an affiliate banner, used for cross-promotion on other websites, etc.
- The third is with a Facebook Welcome Landing Page which is a single page that visitors can find by clicking on the row of boxes under your new cover photo. This page is basically a mini one-page site that can include images, video, a subscriber opt-in box and more!
This is an example of what the Facebook timeline looks like:
This is an incredible space to use for showcasing your products and services. It CAN and should carry over the look and feel of your website to continue your brand messaging and convert more leads to customers.
What can we add to your cover image?
- Your headshot and/or logo
- Bulleted list of services
- Product images
- Social media icons
- Achievements or titles
- Book covers and more!
What will Facebook NOT allow us to add?
- No listing your website URL or any contact information (we CAN direct people to your “about” section where this information is listed)
- No “calls to action” such as “download this free report here” or “visit us today” or “on sale now” etc.
- No big arrows or obvious visual signs pointing toward a point of focus (like how we used point the red arrow toward our Like button. We also can’t ask people for likes or shares.)
- No promises that can’t be kept (such as “we can make you a millionaire over night!”)
Here are examples of recent Facebook Timeline Cover Designs I have developed for clients: (Click to zoom)
A ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME EXPERIENCE
AuthorUpLive event shows you how to LAUNCH your book with the HIGHEST degree of success.